In Cart, Total:
ENTER TO WIN
Shop by Brand:
Aquatic Design Habitats, Inc.
Boston Aqua Farms
John Guest (JG)
Korallen Zucht KZ
Lee's Aquarium Products
My Reef Creations MRC
South Ocean Five
Tom Aquarium Products
Two Little Fishes
UV Lighting Co.
Controllers & Accessories
Dosing Pumps & Top-Off
Filters & Reactors
Food & Feeders
Medications & Vitamins
Monitors & Testers
Pumps & Powerheads
Discounts & Clearance
Live Help Chat
Euro-Reef RC Protein Skimmers
Euro-Reef RC80 Recirculating Protein Skimmer w/ pump*
HEAVY ITEM Shipping Fee
HEAVY ITEM Fee (+$22.00)
*Special Order - Approx. Delivery time 1-2 weeks.
The Euro-Reef TM RC Series are the premier line of protein skimmers in the aquarium industry today. Hand made in the U.S.A., the unparalleled performance of these skimmers is attributed to the unique design and critical attention to detail that goes into the fabrication of each and every skimmer:
- Only the finest materials and the most accurate CNC machining allow us to make the highest quality products time after time.
- A sophisticated hot air welding technique is utilized for the joining of PVC and cast acrylic materials which ensures a bond of the highest quality and greatest durability of any skimmer made today.
- Custom modified pumps, “Euro-Air TM” venturis, and “Euro-Wheel TM” pinwheel style impellers are combined to create that incredible volume of micro bubbles that provide the immense surface area resulting in unrivaled quick removal or organics resulting in a healthy aquarium.
- All CS & RC Series skimmers utilize either our “Euro-LocTM” design* or our custom machined “Bayonet” disconnect for easy removal and service of the collection cup.
- The pumps we use run cool, quiet, and they consume very little power compared to the “high pressure rated pumps” required by most skimmers on the market today.
- The efficiency achieved with this design translates into higher performance at a lower operating cost to you!
* Currently available on or RC80, RC135, RC180 & RC250 models only.
The RC Series skimmers can be used in sump or externally and offer the best configuration of pump, body and cup to achieve the highest possible organic extraction per pass. In this design, the pump is mounted directly on to the body in a closed loop allowing the pump to draw water from the body, take in air, shred it and return it to the skimmer body at a point higher in the chamber where there is less back pressure on the pump. This allows for greater pump efficiency and more air intake which means even more micro bubbles! System water must be supplied to the skimmer by an external source** allowing you to control the flow rate and dwell time and realize the ultimate in skimming efficiency.
Euro-Reef RC80 Specifications:
- Rated for aquarium systems of +/- 80 gallons with a medium bioload
- Comparative Rating: 200+gal.
- Footprint/ sump space required for skimmer: 6" x 14"
- Height: 22"
- Reaction chamber diameter: 5 "
- Inlet sizes: 1/2 "
- Outlet size: 1"
- Pumps (included): 1 x SP-2, 28W
- Air intake: 510 lph
Be the first to submit a review on this product!
Review and Rate this Item
AquaCave, Inc. 3909 Grove Ave, Gurnee, IL 60031 - Copyright ©2001-2012 AquaCave, Inc. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized use of any images, thumbnails, illustrations, descriptions, article content, sounds, or registered trademarks of AquaCave, Inc. is strictly prohibited under copyright law. Site content, including photography, descriptions, pricing, promotions, and availability are subject to change without notice
AquaCave.com - Aquarium Supplies Company.
SSL Certificate Provider