AquaC EV-180 Protein Skimmer.
**** PRODUCT MANUAL ****
The new 180 is a true performer - due to the larger mixing box and baffling design we are able to generate far greater results from the same pump.
We encourage the most demanding retail stores, livestock dealers, and advanced hobbyists to try our new EV skimmers, you will not be disappointed.
• Designed to sit directly on sump bottom - up to 9" of sump depth
• 3/8" precision ball valve for air flow control
• Super silent - you won't hear it running
• Virtually no bubble return to sump - we guarantee it
• Twist-Lock flanges make for secure connection without screws
• Mixing box has been increased by 40% = greater contact time
• Larger collection cup drain
• John Guest Speedfit fitting optional for calcium reactor hook-up
• Larger, wider diameter foam tower
• Height: 20"
• Footprint: 9" x 5.75"
• Input: 3/4" hose barb
• Output: 1" gate valve
• ¼" John Guest "Speedfit" fitting on ozone/calcium reactor models
• 3/8" FTP air inlet with precision ball valve for foam tuning
• 5/8" collection cup drain
• 5" x 6" OD foam tower
• Auto-waste container compatible - flanges feature EPDM gaskets
• Patented Spray Injection System
Questions on AquaC EV-180 Protein Skimmer w/JG Fitting
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
180 is a very nice easy to use skimmer Review by Tom Toro
Here is a good set and forget skimmer that in my opinion is good for a 135gallon or lower medium to heavily stocked tank, running a Mag 9.5.
I used this on a look down 100 gallon tub with 8 large fish, a giant anemone and various corals. It kept all algae at bay and people constantly commented at the crystal clear water.
You need a waste container because this will pull some sludge...unless you like emptying the cup all the time. IMO the mag 7 isnt enough for this skimmer and the Mag 9.5 is just right with the air intake at half.
Very easy to clean as the cup twists off with almost no clearance. Ive used this skimmer both in the sump and externally with no issues. (Posted on 8/7/2009)