Hagen Fluval 306 Canister filter.
Fluval 306 Canister Filter delivers many practical benefits – including better filtration, less maintenance frequency, faster setup, and quieter operation – all designed to make fish keeping more enjoyable. Building on the success of Fluval 05 Series filters, this filter provides enhanced functionality and filtration performance that creates the cleanest, healthiest aquariums ever.
Key features include:
- Improved motor hydraulic performance that reduces maintenance frequency, increases flow rates and head pressure
- Increased water filtration performance for cleaner, healthier water
- Better biological filtration, with the addition of Bio-Foam media
- Sound-dampening impeller design for 8 to 15% quieter operation
- Redesigned impeller cover that’s less prone to breakage
- Re-engineered efficient priming system for easier starting
- Stronger lift-lock clamps for more secure closure
- Hose lock nuts improves security
The filter helps make aquarium-keeping as easy and worry-free as possible by providing a remarkable range of additional features, including patented Aqua-Stop Valves for easy hose disconnections, single-motion lift-lock clamps for simple cleaning and maintenance, and multiple removable filtration baskets that are already packed with the necessary media for mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration.
In addition, the filter has a unique square-shaped canister design that holds 35-50% more water than round canister filters of similar size, allowing better water flow through a complex cleansing path that maximizes contact with the filtration media. Suitable for fresh or salt water aquariums up to 300 L (70 US Gal).
- 4 Foam pads
- 2 x 70 g carbon
- 2 x Polishing pads
- 2 x 120 g BIOMAX
- 2 x Bio-Foam
- AquaStop valve assembly
- Ribbed hosing
- 2 rim connectors
- Intake tube
- Intake strainer
- Output nozzle
- 2 rubber connectors
- Instruction manual
- Quick start manual
Questions on Hagen Fluval 306 Canister filter
No questions asked yet
Great product, water clean since day one Review by Ken
I have this on a 56G FOWLR. The water quality is great as long as I clean it regularly. That is a problem with canister filters though, and not with this unit itself. Just remember to replace your carbon every 2 weeks and do the other recommended maintenance listed in the instructions and this unit should perform for a long time. I highly recommend it if a sump is just not in the cards for you. (Posted on 7/22/2014)
- Great product, water clean since day one Review by Ken