ELOS AQUA TEST KIT- Ammonia
Ammonia is the most lethal form of inorganic nitrogen produced in aquarium water.
The major source of ammonia in a well run aquarium, is from solid waste of fish and invertebrates, uneaten food, decaiyng leaves of plants.
Nature comes to our rescue as there are specialized bacteria (Nitrosomonas species) that "eat" ammonia , and strip away the hydrogen atoms. By the way, this bacterial population may be affected by many negative biochemical events.
In an established aquarium Ammonia should be zero, for these reason, the periodical analytical valuation of ammonia in the aquarium water should be considered by the serious aquarium enthusiast.
ELOS AquaTest NH4, as well as all the other colorimetric test kit of this line, grants an high precision thanks to several procedures like the use of "RealColor" technology, an accurate system to calibrate the colours chart compared to the reagents; the validation of its quality, thrugh NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples, in order to grant accuracy and constant results; the carefull stock management to supply to our customers ONLY the most actual and fresh production batch.
Thanks to the use of Lab Quality reagents, our NH4 test, allows the determination of the Ammonia down to a level of only 0,05 mg/lt, really alerting on Ammonia presence, thus preventing delicate situation that may occour specially in reef aquarium.
* Easy reading: "RealColor" technology.
* High precision: thanks to the use of calibrated dropper
* NIST validation: each batch is validated using NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) samples
* High number of test per kit: up to 50 tests
* "Safe reagents": reagents and testing procedures are based on Low Risk Reagents. None of Elos test kit are based on Toxic Reagents.