ELOS AQUA TEST KIT- Alkalinity KH
The alkalinity of a solution refers to its capacity to buffer against drops on pH. It is a measure of the concentration of various negatively charges ionic compounds (anions) such as carbonates, bicarbonates, borates and hydroxides in the aquarium water.
The concentrations of these ions determines the buffering capacity of the water to maintain proper pH. If the percentage of the hydrogen carbonate and carbonate ions is too low, the pH value of the water may drop severely (acidity drop) causing a life threatening condition for many plants, invertebrates and fish.
The ideal value of KH in aquarium is:
- for seawater aquarium 7 dKHø to 10 dKHø
- planted freshwater aquarium 3 dKHø to 7 dKHø
Because of the importance of KH, it is necessary to keep inside our aquariums, the proper KH Level, testing it with an accurate test kit.
ELOS AquaTest KH, as well as all the other titrimetric test kit of this line, grants an high precision thanks to several procedures like the use of calibrated dropper with constant and predefined drops of 0,05 ml each, the validation of its quality, thrugh NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples, in order to grant accuracy and constant results, the carefull stock management to supply to our customers ONLY the most actual and fresh production batch.
* High precision: thanks to the use of calibrated dropper
* NIST validation: each batch is validated using NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) samples
* High number of test per kit: up to 60 tests (with a standard level of 10 dKH)
* ""Safe reagents"": reagents and testing procedures are based on Low Risk Reagents. None of Elos test kit are based on Toxic Reagents.
Questions on Elos Alkalinity KH Test Kit
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Reliable test Review by Lito
Very reliable easy to follow instruction and the results are valid. Thanks Aquacave for carrying excellent products (Updated on 12/9/2009.) (Posted on 12/8/2009)