ELOS AQUA TEST KIT- Magnesium
Magnesium (Mg) is present in a high quantity (1.300/1.350 ppm) in natural seawater. Contrary to its (not only quantitative) significance, this element was ignored as an important parameter of the marine aquarium for a long time. In contrast to that we know today that Magnesium creates a remarkable improvement in the growth of calcareous algae and also has a positive influence on the growth of invertebrates and macro algae.
The ideal value of Magnesium in the aquarium is: - for the seawater aquarium 1100-1300 mg/Lt
Because of the importance of Magnesium, it is necessary to keep inside our marine aquariums, the proper Calcium Level, testing it with an accurate test kit. ELOS AquaTest Mg, as well as all the other titrimetric test kit of this line, grants an high precision thanks to several procedures like the use of calibrated dropper with constant and predefined drops of 0,05 ml each, the validation of its quality, through NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) certified samples, in order to grant accuracy and constant results, the careful stock management to supply to our customers ONLY the most actual and fresh production batch.
* High quality system: one powder reagent and two liquids!
* Standard sensibility: 100 ppm of Magnesium ions. NIST validation: each batch is validated using NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) samples
* "C" reagent available as separate sales unit
* High number of test per kit: up to 60 tests (with a standard Mg level of 1100 ppm)
* "Safe reagents": reagents and testing procedures are based on Low Risk Reagents. None of Elos test kit are based on Toxic Reagents.
Questions on Elos Magnesium Test Kit
No questions asked yet
Consistent readings Review by Cooter181
As far as accuracy goes, its impossible to say without lab spec instruments. As a hobbyists test kit it is very reliable and consistent. Fairly easy to use, it is a two part test, but a little math and you got it. As with all Elos brand kits they are well packaged and fresh batches of reagents with expo dates which is a big plus! Overall I will be buying this kit again no doubt. (Posted on 2/11/2010)
Reliable test Review by Lito
Very reliable easy to follow instruction and the results are valid. Thanks Aquacave for carrying excellent products (Posted on 12/8/2009)