JBJ Arctica 1/10 HP Titanium Aquarium Chiller DBA-75.
**** PRODUCT MANUAL ****
Arctica Titanium Aquarium Chillers are state-of-the-art aquarium coolers incorporating the most advance technological features compared to any other chiller on the market.
Many years of research and development has allowed us to offer the perfect solution to stabilize water temperatures for your aquarium environment.
These units have been designed for maximum temperature pull-down (BTU`s) with the least amount of energy draw.
* Titanium Heat Exhanger: Unique titanium coil design allows for maximum contact exposure. The absolute best element for heat exchange on the market.
* Condenser Layout: Condenser is located on the front side of the chiller. This design draws cool air from the front and exhausts the warm air out of the back. This new standard will also direct access to clean the condenser grill without any tools to take the chiller apart.
* Energy Efficiency: Provide the best BTU (British Thermal Units) heat removal capacity with the lowest amperage draw. More electricity savings.
* Full Auto Digital Temperature Control System: This built-in thermostat will automatically control your desired set temperature within +1/-1 Fahrenheit. Includes a bright light LCD that can actually be read day or night.
* Lowest Noise and Vibration Level: You will be amazed at how quiet these units are for chillers. Definitely a big plus for hobbyist who have aquariums located in living rooms.
* Small Footprint: Most of the models are no bigger that a standard desktop computer. This compact size allows placement without a large designated area.
* Side Handles: ABS Molded handles allow for easy lifting and moving.
* Refrigerant: Uses Ozone Friendly Refrigerant (R-134A)
* 2 Year Warranty: The best warranty in the industry.
1/10HP Arctica Chiller Specifications:
* UL Listed
* Recommended aquarium size: up to 130 gal.
* BTU: 1,270 BTU/h
* Amps: 2.63
* Dimensions (WxDxH) : 9.8" x 16.5" x 18.5"
* Flow Rate: 240 - 960 gph
* Control Range: 50 - 95 F.
Questions on JBJ Arctica 1/10 HP Titanium Aquarium Chiller DBA-75
No questions asked yet
JBJ Arctica 1/10 HP is a great Chiller Review by Wolfgang
I purchased this chiller in May, when it was starting to get hot. After reviewing a lot of reviews I settled for this one and so far it has been working very well.
My 75 gallon planted tank is running with 4x54W T5 lights, which produce some heat, and since the house doesnt have air condition temperatures go up above 90 in the summer.
My discus like it warm but the plants are more sensitive.
Set temperature: 83F
- Temperature control works well. If temp. exceeds 1F of set temp. it starts and turns of when set temp. is reached.
- Cooling is happening quickly, once the unit starts.
- Reliability is good
Well if you ask 10 people you might get 10 different answers. Based on the reviews I read there is not really a consensus, so it depends on your sensitivity.
I would say the unit is "quiet" but you can hear it when you are close by, its like a background noise.
Well since it works like a fridge it produces heat, which is unfortunate but that is what it does. I installed a window fan to compensate for that and it has been working well.
Installation is simple however you need to remove the caps before plugging in the adapters!
Did not experience any leaks, fingers crossed
Overall I would recommend this product, and the service from Aquacave has been excellent over the years.
Good luck with your research! (Posted on 8/19/2011)
Best chiller I've used! Review by EUba
Ive been using the 1/10 hp model for 2.5 years and it work as well as it did they day I got it. I have other chillers, such as 1/2 hp EcoPlus and 1/4 hp Prime, but the Arctica is the most efficient, quiet and reliable chiller I have. It keeps my 60 gal reef with 5 gallon refugium and 20 gallon sump at 79 degrees easily. I live in LA where its usually 90 degrees in the summertime. It sits by my bed, but I never hear it. Hope this helps. (Posted on 7/22/2009)
Much quieter than expected Review by John K
With much trepidation I purchased this chiller (any chiller really). I live on the second floor of a 2 family house where it is always warm. My 55 gallon tank was getting up to 78-79 degrees in May. A situation that would only get worse as the dog days of summer drew nearer. I tried to research chillers, in fact I spent about a month reading reviews and could never find any consensus. I decided to go with the JBJ 1/10 HP chiller because the consensus was that it was a quality piece. I read people who said it was too loud, I read people who said it was very quiet. Who to believe? Well in my experience with this thing, about 2 weeks now, it has been extremely quiet. Not "quiet for a a chiller" - quiet. the fan on my Current 246 watt power compact lighting fixture is louder. I set it up with a dedicated pump in my megaflow 1 (Marineland 1800 - 474 gph - not sure what it is at the head pressure this chiller adds- which I wouldn't know how to figure out anyway) I read where some people used maxi jet 1200s to feed the water through so I figured the 1800 pump was sufficient.
The only problem I encountered was when I put the return elbow on the chiller unit and pumped water through. There was a small leak. The elbows don't seem to seat in a way that inspires a lot of confidence. Expect to fiddle with it a few times. The leak was resolved upon the second try - but I make sure to check a few times daily.
It is remarkably quiet and relatively easy to set up. If you need one, this is a good one to get. (Posted on 6/8/2009)
Workhorse Review by Zorron
Very efficient piece of equipment. This easily keeps my 55 gal at 78 degrees. The temperature was getting to 84. I wonder what my electric bill will look like after a month of running this thing.Worth every penny. Get the best when running this type of equipment. (Posted on 3/7/2009)
One of the Best Review by JayM
I have reviewed many chillers before I purchased this chiller. I was very happy that I did. The chiller is great and cools the water down in minutes. The delivery of the chiller was prompt and in excellent condition. This company is very responsible and a pleasure to work with. I recommend this chiller and company to anyone. (Posted on 2/20/2009)