Neptune Systems Apex Jr. with Temp Probe & Display.
Apex Jr System
* The Apex Jr System delivers a professional quality controller at hobbyist prices.
* Built-in Ethernet
* Integrated Ethernet port
* Most advanced web server available
* Interactive graphing application in the web server
* Interfaces with AquaNotes iPhone application
* Compatible with all Major web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari)
* Only aquarium controller with web server monitoring, control, and configuration
* Compatible with wireless bridges or game adapters (802.11x) so that wireless network communication is possible
* Email or text message alarms
* Email alarms or audible alarms when Energy Bar power fails
* RSS and XML Support
Very simple menu driven configuration
* Menus to easily setup pumps, lights, heater, chiller, co2, etc
* No programming required for configuration
* Outlets can be renamed for easier use
* Can be configured through optional LCD Display or a standard web browser
* An enhanced AquaController programming language is available for total control
* Sophisticated non standard control available
* Virtual Outlets allow even more complex control options
Monitor/Control - Temp
* The base unit includes software which is capable of monitoring temperature. The monitored data can be displayed on the optional LCD display, the Apex's web page, or through the AquaNotes iphone application. All monitored probes data is logged into the internal nonvolatile memory for later retrieval. * All probes support digital calibration.
Integrated 4 Outlet Control
* The base unit includes 4 independently controllable outlets. Each of the 4 outlets is rated for a total 8 amps and the total current draw must be less than 15 Amps. All 4 outlets use relays to control the power to the outlets.
Galvanic isolation on probes
* Galvanic isolation on the probes results much more reliable and accurate probe readings. While these features increase costs we feel that probe accuracy is absolutely critical for monitoring/controlling your tank, unlike many competing aquarium controllers.
State of the Art Electronics Integration
* Only 32 bit processor on an Aquarium controller
* Over 16 times more code space & 5X faster than competitive controllers, which guarantees future expandability.
* Over 8 times data storage memory than the competition
* 1 year’s worth of data logs can be stored internally * New Enhanced Control Functionality
* Day of Week functionality
* Sub minute control added on EnergyBar controlled devices
* Default outlet state for all EnergyBar outlets
* Second resolution control
Sunrise and Sunset Simulation
* The Apex has a special control function which can be used to simulate the varying lengths of days throughout the year. This feature is used to make the length of daylight hours longer in the summer than in the winter. This results in a more realistic simulation of natural lighting variations.
Moon Cycle Simulation
* The Apex has another special control function which can be used to simulate the moon cycle in your tank. The lunar simulator is used for this feature and is capable of varying the intensity of light emitted from its LEDs. The intensity variations are controlled by the Apex which is preprogrammed with correct intensity values for each day of the moon cycle. The Apex automatically updates the intensity value depending upon the current setting of the Apex's clock. With this artificial moon cycle, it is possible to induce corals and fish to spawn.
* Each pump to be controlled can have an user configured period in which both the on and off times are fully programmable and can range from 1 second to 999 minutes. A variable length feed timer cycle can be initiated with the press of a button and will disable some or all of the pumps in the system (programmed by the user).
Modular Expansion through AquaBus
* High reliability protocol with robust error correction
* Plug and Play – AquaBus modules are automatically recognized and configured
* Cable lengths over 200 feet
* Expandable to 5 AquaBus modules (1 Apex Display and 4 other AquaBus modules)
* Add optional probe modules to monitor additional probes
* Add additional EnergyBars to control more outlets
* All AquaBus modules allow for easy firmware updates
* Probe modules available for additional Temperature, pH, ORP, Conductivity/Salinity, and dissolved oxygen probes
* Module firmware updates done through AquaBus. No need to disassemble controller, and individually update modules
* Two AquaBus connectors for easy expansion, and flexible cabling options
* Plug and Plug bus allows for modular expansion.
* Firmware updates via Ethernet
* Flash memory so new features can be easily added
* All AquaBus modules allow for easy firmware updates
* No need to unplug/rewire devices to perform the firmware update (unlike the competition)
* 7.5" x 3.75" x 1.80"
Optional AquaDisplay Features
* Sleek and Stylish case
* 7 mechanical buttons for speedy and flexible
* 128 x 64 Graphical Backlight display
* Displays datalog graphs
* 4 Highly customizable status displays
* Placement of probe names and icons can be selected by user
* Can scroll manually scroll between different status screens or automatically scroll through them
* User adjustable contrast and backlight settings
* Backlight can be dimmed at night.
* User selectable tones/songs for different warning/error types
* Compact size 3.40" x 4.05" x 0.65"
* Mounting holes for easy attachment to wall/stand
Questions on Neptune Systems Apex Jr. with Temp Probe & Display
No questions asked yet
Great Product Review by David
I have had the AquaController Apex Jr with optional display for about a month and love this controller. At first the programming is a little confusing, but once you get to know the syntax used in the advanced programming of outlets I found I can virtually turn on and off an outlet down to 5 seconds or less. You can use this unit without being connected to the internet if you use the display but programming is very slow using the display with the limited buttons on it so I highly recommend that you connect this to the internet. Once connected it to the internet programming can be performed very quickly, I found very easy to connect to the internet with the included CD. I use is the advanced programming for most of my needs including 3 dosing pumps, controlling protein skimmer during dosing, main pump during feeding, lights, etc. I did purchase a energy bar 8 which connected easily using a 15 foot extension, so for less than $380.00 (10% sale day) I can control 12 outlet and temp. (Posted on 7/26/2012)