Neptune Systems LSM Lunar Simulator Module.
Want to more accurately simulate the natural environment for your tank inhabitants?
Moonlight in the ocean is believed to be as significant as the time spent in full daylight. Moonlight triggers various internal and external biological activities among the many thousands of reef organisms. Many corals continue to grow under moonlight conditions and for some fish and coral it is important for the reproductive process. Also, night predators come out and cruise, while prey go into hiding.
Moon cycles are accurately simulated
With the Apex and the LSM – Lunar Simulator Module, you can load in the entire years lunar cycle data and your moonlight LED will dim and brighten according to the true lunar cycle. This has been shown to benefit spawning cycles in some tank organisms.
Features of the Lunar Simulator include:
- High intensity LEDs with a wide angle lense (100+ degrees) to provide the best possible coverage
- The AquaController dims the LEDs in phase with the true lunar cycle
- Available with 2 to 5 LEDs (Sold Separately)
- Plug and Play. Automatically recognized when installed into the system
- Two AquaBus connectors for flexible expansion to other modules via AquaBus
- Upgradeable firmware
- Compatible with all Apex systems
- Includes with 3′ AquaBus cable.
Questions on Neptune Systems LSM Lunar Simulator Module
No questions asked yet