Frequently bought together
Phos Ban Media Reactor 550 by Two Little Fishes.
**** PRODUCT MANUAL ****
Two Little Fishies (TLF) has released their new PhosBan Reactor 550, a larger version of the hugely popular PhosBan 150 model.
TLF rates the 550 model as being able to accommodate up to a 600 gallon system. Up to 750 grams of PhosBan media can fit in the media chamber at one time, as long as you do not exceed the 8 inch height restriction. Similarly to their 150 model, a pump is not included, but any pump with 1/2 inch fittings can operate this model.
The 550 employs the same upflow principle, which most efficiently uses PhosBan or filter media of your choice.
The Two Little Fishies PhosBan Reactor 550 can be installed in-line, in-sump, or as a hang on back (HOB) using the provided attachment.
- New twist off lid for easy media replacement!
- New elbow attachments can be rotated or removed to suit your installation.
- Can be installed as hang-on, in-line, in-sump, above tank, etc.
- Dimensions: 5" x 6" x 15"
- Fills with 750 grams of Media.
- One reactor is designed for up to 600 gallons.
- Recommended flow rate: 80 gph-120 gph
- Use with any granular chemical media, including HydroCarbon 2 Activated carbon or ROWAphos.
- Tubing and pump NOT included; uses 1/2" I.D. vinyl tubing.
* Optional NPX Screens are recommended for use with BioPellet media.
Questions on PhosBan Reactor 550
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Works great Review by MikeCizzle
I just bought my second 550 for a second tank I set up. I had the 150 set up with Rowaphos but it kept clumping up. So the 150 is now running bio-pellets beautifully. This 550 works better for the Rowaphos because there is more room for it to be spread out when the same amount is added compared to the 150. Just make sure you have the room for it because it's way bigger than the 150. (Posted on 5/5/2015)
Excellent! Review by Jacqueline
Economical, easy to use, durable. I have a few of these inline and used to run them with a maxijet powerhead. I use them with bio-pellets, granular activated ccarbon and gfo. Using them inline has worked well for me since they each have their own ball valve attached to the unit to control the flow individually. (Posted on 11/21/2014)
Great Prouct Review by Brian
Purchased two of these for my 150 gallon Saltwater aquarium. I configured one as a GFO reactor and another as a carbon reactor. The hook up was very easy and the included adjustment valves work great. All I had to do was pickup some 1/2" braded vinyl hose from the local hardware store. They are running great using a single pump from my sump. I'd suggest getting this for anyone with an aquarium. (Posted on 9/16/2014)
Write Your Own Review
- Works great Review by MikeCizzle
- Excellent! Review by Jacqueline
- Great Prouct Review by Brian