The Turboflotor Blue 1000 is designed for installation in any mode:
- as a hang on, it is simply hung over the edge of the aquarium. Only the venturi pump is inside the tank.
- in the cabinet, it can be installed inside or outside the filter sump. At only 46 cm (c. 18) high, it is designed to fit into nearly every standard aquarium cabinet.
The high skimming capacity is guaranteed by the controlled water flow within the skimmer body and the patented conical riser within the foam cup The foam production is controlled by a simple one handed adjustment.
The skimmer is driven by the powerful AQ 1200 pump, with requires only 12 watts to power it and has ceramic bearings for silent operation. The patented and time served Aqua Medic Needle Wheel ensures high air intake and optimum bubble size. The unit is manufactured using high quality acrylic.
* Rated for aquariums up to 125 gal.
* Modified mesh needle wheel pump
* Hang-on or in-sump installation
* Height: 46 cm (c. 18)
* Footprint: 25 x 11 cm (c. 10 x 4.5)
Questions on Turboflotor Blue 1000 Protein Skimmer by AquaMedic
No questions asked yet
good skimmer Review by Wilku
The skimmer works very well. Gets out a lot of dark stuff. I use it as HOB. The only problem that I have is a lot of micro bubbles in the tank. (Posted on 10/26/2009)
Excellent for the price Review by mseepman
This skimmer was a lot bigger out of the box than I expected given that it can work as an HOB skimmer.
Right from the start it got to work for me. I use it in sump rather than HOB. A lot of bubbles and skimming better than my big Tunze skimmer.
I would recommend it to anyone as Ive been very happy with it. (Posted on 3/5/2009)