Frequently bought together
Reef Octopus Classic 225 INT Protein Skimmer
Classic 225-INT High Performance Skimmer
Is searching for high performance filtration with constrained sump space limiting your choices?
Look no further than the NEW Classic 225INT conical body protein skimmer with all the great features of a high-end skimmer but at an affordable price. A member of the Reef Octopus Classic Series family, this compact skimmer provides efficient filtration for aquariums up to 320 gallons where sump space may be limited. As with every Reef Octopus protein skimmer, the Classic 225INT is constructed of high-quality cast acrylic and features an easy to adjust gate valve, a quick release neck for easy cup removal, cup drain, bubble diffuser, air shredding Aquatrance pinwheel pump and air silencer.
Key Benefits only found on this Classic Skimmer model
- Small Footprint Lots of filtration without sacrificing valuable sump space
- Bubble Diffusing Chamber and Full Cone Body that naturally reduces and stabilizes the foam production; This means less turbulence in the neck area and more contact time for organics to rise and collect
- Power The Aquatrance 3000s pinwheel pump offers super efficiency and the very best in performance.
- Full Seamless Cone body
- Compact Footprint
- New Aquatrance 3000s pinwheel pump
- Turbulence Reducing Bubble Plate
- Easy to Remove Collection Cup
- Air Silencer
- Precision Control Output Valve
- Solid Acrylic Construction
Rated for Aquariums up to 320 Gallons
Footprint: 10.2″ x 9.5″ | Body Diameter: 8″ | Height: 23.4″
Powered by Ultra-efficient Aquatrance 3000s pinwheel pump
- 320 Gallon – Light Filtration Demand | 220 Gallon – Medium Filtration Demand | 150 Gallon – Heavy Filtration Demand
Body Size: 8″
Footprint: 10.2″ x 9.5″
Total Height: 23.4″
Output Size: 40mm - Comes with Metric to British Adapter to 1.25”pvc
Output Height: 9.1"
Note: Recommended Sump Water Depth: 8-9.5"
Aquatrance 3000s Pinwheel Pump
Air Draw: 720 lph / 25 SCFH*
Water Draw: 1,400 lph / 370 GPH*
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup
Warranty - 2 year warranty on pump and 1 year on skimmer body
Questions on Reef Octopus Classic 225 INT Protein Skimmer
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
classic 225 Review by sps 190
I have had mine for 8 months, the first 3 months the skimmer was good and pulled out good skimmate. The air intake venture must be cleaned constantly. You must expect to adjust and mess with this skimmer on a weekly basis. I have recently moved on and replaced it with a bubblemagus nac 9. It is only 6 days old and is working better and alot quieter I mean way quieter than the reef octocpus. Only adjusted it one time and couldn't be happier. I have noticed the skimmate is alot darker and alot more of it as well. I would not recommend the reef octocpus classic 225, nor would I ever buy another. (Posted on 5/1/2015)
Working great on 400 gallon reef tank Review by Jim
We had to get an internal pump skimmer to fit in a very tight space in the sump under the tank. This skimmer was perfect size and skims great. Easy to operate and easy to clean. Quiet operation. (Posted on 8/17/2014)