Vertex BioPellets, 500 ml.
Biopellets—A New Stage in Reefkeeping.
What if one product could single handedly make maintaining a saltwater tank as easy as freshwater? What if that same product made eliminating nuisance algae and keeping crystal clear water effortless for even the most inexperienced reef keepers? And what if that same product was affordable enough for every single saltwater enthusiast in the industry?
That product would revolutionize reefkeeping. Say hello to Vertex Biopellets. Biopellets will change the way you keep your saltwater aquarium forever—and Vertex makes the highest quality, most cost effective biopellets available.
How Biopellets Work:
Biopellets are composed of biodegradable polymers designed for use in a fluidized filter. The pellets promote the growth of aerobic and anaerobic nitrifying bacteria which use carbon from the pellets to consume nitrate and phosphate.
This process dramatically eliminates unsightly algae and cyanobacteria (red slime) while increasing the overall health and vigor of the tank’s inhabitants.
The surplus bacteria generated by the biopellets are then consumed by sponges and corals or removed by a protein skimmer. Within a few weeks, without any routine dosing, even the most novice reefkeeper is left with a crystal clear tank.
* Vertex Biopellets – in 500mL and 1000mL sizes.
* Less Time. Less Work. More Results.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1)What quantity of biopellets will I need for my tank? 500ml per 100 gallons of net water volume.
2) How can I tell if I have overfilled my reactor? Put no more pellets in your reactor than can be easily fluidized (without clumping)
3) Can I overdose or harm my tank from excessive biopellet use? No, though adherence to the previous note is strongly encouraged.
4) Are there any special considerations for where I should put my reactor in the sump? Make sure the effluent of the reactor exits into a high flow zone of the sump to ensure the bacteria is dispersed and that the water is properly re-oxygenated before entering the main system.
5) Are there any benefits to using a Vertex media reactor with the biopellets? Yes. The Vertex reactor is specifically designed with a 1/2” input-output. This contrasts with most reactors having a 3/8” input-output. The difference is very important in the capacity for the reactor to readily fluidize the media—the larger input-output makes the Vertex reactor much more effective for this purpose.
6) How often must the biopellets be replaced? Depending on your system, you can expect to replace your biopellets every 4 to 6 months.
7)How much flow will it take to fluidize 1000ml of pellets in a Vertex UF 15/ 20 media reactor? There are many variables involved with this question which must be considered. It is important to note the pressure rating of your pump, whether it’s a passive or direct feed, etc. That said, the reactors will handle 150 to 500gph. A rough estimate is about 100-250 gallons per hour for every 500ml.
Questions on Vertex BioPellets, 500 ml.
No questions asked yet