on orders $49+
Abyzz A400 IPU 4,800GPH Controllable DC Pump
Abyzz has updated its popular commercial-grade A400 pumps for the fall of 2019. The new versions are called A400 IPU and include an IP65-rated splash-proof controller that is built to withstand the harsh aquatic environments around aquariums and ponds. The pump is also more powerful than its predecessor and is capable of higher flow rates.
Abyzz A400 IPU Pumps are perfect for:
- Saltwater marine and reef aquariums
- Freshwater aquariums
- Pond filter systems
- Water features
- Commercial applications
Abyzz pumps are world-renown for their exceptional build quality and industry-leading 10-year manufacturer warranty. Serious aquarium hobbyists, maintenance professionals, and public aquariums trust Abyzz pumps over any other brand. Abyzz pumps are quiet, powerful, and built to last a lifetime. The company has earned a reputation for outstanding customer support and offers unparalleled warranty coverage to give you peace of mind that you’ve made the right decision when installing an Abyzz pump.
The Abyzz A400 IPU is very versatile and can be used underwater (internal/submersible) or outside of water (externally). The pump is not self-priming, though, so it needs to be mounted under the water level. With a max head height of 41’, The Abyzz IPU is a popular choice for hobbyists that keep their sump in a basement or another remote location.
Specs of the Abyzz A400 IPU Pump:
- Maximum flow rate: 6,200 GPH (BOOSTMODE®)
- Rated flow rate: 4,900 GPH
- Pump ambient temperature: 34-122°F
- Driver ambient temperature: 32-86°F (without additional cooling)
- Maximum discharge speed: 24.6 feet per second
- Delivery height: 41 feet
- Power consumption: 4-400W
- Operating voltage: 100-240V~
- Operating frequency: 50-60Hz
- Maximum operating pressure: 17.4 PSI
- Maximum immersion depth: 6.5 feet
- Pump cable length: 3 or 10m (10 or 30 feet)
- Inlet/outlet connections (metric) : 50/40mm (suitable for PVC/AVB adhesive fittings, imperial adapters available)
The Abyzz A400 IPU pump has a titanium impeller, a programmable driver, and a sine-wave controlled, three-phase synchronous pump. The efficiency of the motor is more than 90%, which, along with the fact that you can adjust the speed to meet your performance requirements, makes it an energy-saving solution.
The integrated bearing flushing provides optimum protection against calcination. In conjunction with the silicon carbide bearings and special hard metal shaft, you are certain to have very low-maintenance operation.
All the materials used are designed to have a long lifetime and meet the highest requirements and quality standards. The Abyzz A400 IPU was developed and manufactured in Germany by venotec.
The A400 IPU also has a 0-10v port for external control from aquarium controllers like the CoralVue HYDROS Control 4, CoralVue HYDROS WaveEngine, Neptune Systems Apex, and GHL ProfiLux.
Here are some of our favorite features of the Abyzz A400 IPU Pump:
- Variable speed range (0.0 - 100.0%)
- Precise speed adjustment in steps of 0.1%
- Integrated programming to generate waves, bursts, and random flow patterns with additional BOOSTMODE to override actual programming (MCFS - Menu Controlled Flow Sequencer)
- Comprehensive safety functions, such as dry run warning, temperature alert, overcurrent protection, speed zero alert)
- Soft startup
- Auxiliary port for future modules and interfacing (software upgrade might be required)
- Available with a 3m or 10m Driver/Controller Connecting Cable
- Lockable cables and plug connections
- Remarkably low-noise operation
- Removable motor stand and rotatable volute
- Multicolor background LCD display
- Splashproof driver (IP65)
- High quality IP65 motor cable connector
- Wide range input with active power factor correction
- Optimized heat sink design
- Can be used internally or externally
10 Year Warranty*
In accordance with the implied warranty, we provide a 12-month guarantee. You can also extend the product guarantee period from 12 months to 10 years free of charge within 4 weeks of purchasing the product (date of invoice) after registering your product successfully.
If you have a complaint, please contact us immediately and if needed, send the device back - in its original packaging wherever possible and with proof of purchase - directly to Venotec. Please note that we cannot accept-prepaid deliveries. Such deliveries will be sent back without being processed.
The guarantee covers material, functional, and production faults that can occur when using the product as intended. It does not cover damage of wear out or abrasive wear, transport damage, claims for compensation above and beyond compensation for the product itself, or damage resulting from improper use, negligence, incorrect installation, or interventions and changes carried out by unauthorized persons.
We expressly exclude such scenarios from our scope of liability. Any secondary damages such as the loss of coral, fish, or water damage caused by pump failure or a lack of intake protection are expressly excluded from guarantee and warranty claims. Calcification inside the pump and any resulting damage to the product or motor, damage by use as not intended, and any damage to cables (e.g. chafed cables) are expressly excluded from the warranty. The warranty is invalidated in the following cases: Removed original plugs, use of non-original spare parts, impeller wheel damage resulting from parts sucked into the pump, motor damage caused by the tapering of the intake port or if the pump is operated with a closed or partially closed ball valve in the intake area, motor damage caused by persistent dry running, limescale damage resulting from the improper use of chemicals or the use of unsuitable chemicals, motor damage resulting from upstream external electronic components or damage resulting from damp in the driver.
Item No. WP-VA-A400IPU-3